Friday, March 20, 2015

Huntsville Track Club

I love reading our Huntsville Track Club newsletter.  It's fun to see your name in print. Yes, they still mail it out and don't just put it online.  I love this because I save them all!  I usually appear in some race results in the newsletters, but last time I was pictured twice in the January/February issue. 

The first was a picture with Malcolm Gillis, a long-time HTC runner who passed away and was honored with this memorial.  I am in the bottom left corner with Malcolm. This was the day of my first marathon--The Rocket City Marathon in 2001.  Malcolm was director of the marathon and was giving me a door prize of $1,000!  I have a huge grin on my face since I was so excited!  Not only had I just finished my first marathon, but I had also won a huge prize!  I was a new teacher and was really excited to have won that money.  This picture brought back some great memories from that day.



The issue also featured winners from our annual awards banquet on November 14, 2014.  This is me and my husband, Rick, with Regena Moore.  She is presenting us with the Norm Harris Achievement award for our volunteering over the past year (see write-up here).  We were so surprised to get this award!  It was a really nice night.  We enjoyed dinner with friends and got to see many outstanding members of our club being honored for their achievements.


It's great to belong to this club, and I welcome you to join if you live near our area!  Our next meeting is on April 21, and there is a free meal and guest speaker.  Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment