Thursday, January 21, 2016


And there it is.  With my 10th Mountain Mist 50K so close I can almost taste it, our town is under a Winter Weather Advisory tomorrow until 6 a.m. race day.  We are projected to receive 1-2 inches of snow.  Roads could become treacherous and close, and the race could be cancelled.

I'm trying to ready myself for the possibility.  Some have suggested staying on the mountain with friends who live up there or running from the bottom of the mountain (roughly 2.5 miles) to get to the race start if roads are closed.  Runners usually approach race cancellations with desperation.  

I just hope we can run it in the snow!  The snowy woods are absolutely magical.

**************UPDATE: The race is rescheduled for Sunday, January 24!  Good decision since there was lots of ice today (Saturday).

No comments:

Post a Comment