Saturday, February 26, 2011

Knock Knock Jokes and Marathon Pictures

This week, we've been hearing our son tell his first "knock knock" jokes with the insane repetition that only a four year old can appreciate.  I've heard this one literally dozens of times:

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
"Orange" you glad I didn't say banana?

Haha!  You know you think it's funny too!  Seriously, I love it when my children enter a new stage and I get to relive that phase of my life all over again.  I remembered the joke above from when I was a child.  I saved alot of my old toys, too, and I love watching them play with those.

This week I surprised myself with 6-mile runs on Monday, Friday, and Saturday and a near 9-mile run on Wednesday.  I definitely wasn't fully recovered and felt a little sore and tight during the runs.  The craziest thing was how I felt later on in the days, though.  Really sleepy and totally lethargic.  Rick says I need a steak!  Maybe it is low iron or just fatigue.

I received several congratulations from my fellow running friends following my PR marathon last weekend.  I really was touched when David Riddle made this comment on facebook:

Great job on your marathon. I have the greatest respect for anyone who is willing to push themselves to absolute exhaustion in a race. Reading about your finish was incredible. It's also impressive that you're putting in the training to shave minutes off your marathon time with the full-time commitments of family. Well done.

He is a very talented ultramarathoner who set a course record on a 50K the same day as my race.  It's interesting to note that other runners appreciated my "dramatic" finish, but most of my non-runner friends gave me one of those "you really must be crazy" looks after being told the story. 

Below are the pictures from Brightroom Event Photography from the Myrtle Beach Marathon.  It was fun reliving the experience through seeing these pictures!

My next event should be the UAH 10K on Sunday, March 6 at 2 p.m.  Hope to see some of you there too!
The marathon start


  

 

2 comments:

  1. GREAT running pictures! And way to go on the runs following your marathon! As you have told me before, it takes a little longer to recover than we sometimes realize. But a steak might help too. :)

    Good luck on the 6th! I will be running the Seaside Half and trying to incorporate some of what you described in your last post. :) I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, I would love to run in Seaside sometime. Where are you staying for that? It looks like it will be a couple of weeks before I run with the group again, but I am glad you are back! I missed reading your blog last week.

    ReplyDelete