Monday, November 1, 2010

Spooktacular 5K and Running Off All the Halloween Candy

I ran the Spooktacular 5K this past Saturday, this being the first 5K since the Monte Sano 5K on September 4 for me. I hadn't done any speedwork since that race and have been injured, so I didn't really have a goal time. I finished in 20:44, a 6:41 pace. I was very pleased with the time given the circumstances. And my first mile was 6:22, way too fast. That is a big problem for me. I have a hard time finding my 5K pace so my splits are all over the place (roughly a 6:22, 7:00, and 6:38). It would be nice to have even splits over the 3 miles instead.
*
This race is another good family event. There was a moon bounce, lots of great costumes, and a neat Thriller show on the street right before the race (not too scary either). I ran into my friend, Liv. We had fun trying to find a bathroom without a line before the start of the race and doing a warmup together. Earthfare had some neat samples after the race that I took home for the children. Gear-wise, the temperature was in the 40s, so I had a chance to wear my Sugoi armsleeves (mine are a pretty electric blue with snowflakes, not black like these) along with my singlet and shorts. I loved the weather!
*
Jane and I ran 5.5 miles on Sunday to burn off some of the Halloween candy we would get later that night. My family came home after our trick or treating and had a total of ONE trick or treater...so the $10 in candy that I bought is still here, along with all the other candy we got over last week. I am in full taper-mode, so I will be spending a lot of time here in this house with all of the candy. I'm not sure if candy makes the best food for carboloading but I will be eating a lot of it regardless!

1 comment:

  1. I bet candy is good carb loading. hee hee. I'm sure we will run LIGHTNING fast on Sunday! ;) Great run Sunday!

    ReplyDelete