Monday, October 31, 2011

The Spooktacular 5K Race Report

The Spooktacular 5K and Boo Run were held this past Saturday, October 29th.  I have many great memories from this race, including several little gold, silver, and bronze jack-o'-lantern trophies that were the old age group awards from years ago (I was going to insert a picture of them all lined up here, but it didn't happen this year.  At least I did locate them in the attic though!). 

It was great to see so many people in lots of fun costumes at the race this year! 

It was a freezing cold morning, so I whipped out the arm sleeves and hat for this race. 

The cold temperature helped many people PR today!  My husband, Rick, PR'ed today with an 18:30.  That is smokin'!  And he was not even wearing his Garmin!!

I got 20:12 and was 4th overall (same overall as in my last 5K).  I improved my time by 10 seconds from my Liz Hurley time, but honestly I was hoping for more.  It seems like I could've made myself run faster (like 13 seconds faster??), but I just didn't feel like it today.  Splits were more consistent than usual though.  Now to get them 5 seconds faster per mile!

Splits were:
Mile 1 6:26
Mile 2 6:36
Mile 3 6:28
.1 :41

20:12 overall pace 6:31 
Photo by James Hurley

Photo by Jen Grant

Photo by Jen Grant

My running group began this Halloween day with a spooooooky run with our new LED blinky light rings.  They are fun to wear and will double as safety lights for my two little trick or treaters tonight.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment