Sunday, October 2, 2011

Last Two Long Runs

I am in crunch mode now, trying to get everything thought about, written about, and said before this marathon comes and everything gets forgotten.

My last two long runs were on Saturday, September 24 (12 miles) and Friday, September 30 (8 miles).  Notice the sharp taper from the 20 miler the week before.  I was tempted to use these runs like tempo runs, but I played it smart and used them for long runs as they were intended to be.  On the 24th, I ran 13 miles with Julia and some with Jane at an 8:41 pace.  I pushed some of the last mile, and it was a 7:52.  We were aiming for between 8:30-9:00 minute miles that day, and I think we accomplished that nicely.

I ran 8 miles on the 30th by myself with an 8:41 pace.  It felt so odd to be done after only 8 miles.  I saved my speeding for the next day for a short tempo run, but I don't have the Garmin data on that run yet.

You can see from my last post that I am beginning the part of my training where I am looking back and telling myself that I have done this before, and I can do it again.  One part of me wants to say, "You haven't trained enough.  You're not ready for this race.  You can't PR."  I am trying to quiet that voice.  I am trying to build up my confidence.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could give you all the confidence that I have FOR you, if that makes sense. I think your training has been more than enough. It has challenged you, pushed you, and you have worked so hard. If you could just get your mind where it needs to be, you will be unstoppable! And I will be sending prayers your way the whole time. You are so much stronger than you realize, and such an inspiration to me and so many others. No matter what you do out there, I will probably be impressed, but I want you to reach the goal you have set for YOU and I really believe you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do awesome! I can't wait to read your race recap! You are amazing and can do amazing things! Thanks for the breastfeeding advice. I hope I don't need it for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to do a GREAT job. You've trained well. I can't wait to read about that PR race!! :D

    ReplyDelete