Monday, June 2, 2014

35 Weeks Pregnant Update

35 weeks pregnant

"There's nothing wrong with walking, it's just that is takes SOOOO long!"  This is something I've found myself saying almost daily as I head outside.  I am giving myself permission to "give up," and quickly!  Running has become very unpleasant and requires a Herculean effort.  So that leaves walking and the elliptical machine.  Some days are a combination (I will walk 3 miles, then come inside for 2 miles on the elliptical).  Some are just walks with a tiny bit of running.  I can usually work up the stamina for a short burst of running, so I will do a few laps on the track or a game of "run to that mailbox" a few times in the neighborhood while walking the rest of the time.  My doctor has advised me to keep on exercising, stressing that it leads to an easier labor.  So even though it's taking me a lot longer to cover a lot less ground, I will keep it up for the next few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, not much longer til you have your baby girl! I'm so excited for you! And I think it's awesome that you're still exercising at 35 weeks and that you ran for most of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete