Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Present!

You know you're a runner when you get as excited about running shoes as you do with your new Kindle Fire!  I was seriously spoiled this year getting these Nike Lunar Racers and the Kindle.  The funniest part of the story (or not) is that I actually knew about both of these presents before Christmas.  I found out about the shoes when someone at Fleet Feet mentioned that the shoes Rick ordered for me were in (I quickly said, "I'll pretend I didn't hear that!").  And the Kindle Fire arrived from Amazon in a box with the words "Kindle Fire" on the outside.  Not too bright, Amazon!  Rick, I still love the gifts even if they weren't surprises!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and that you are all getting your runs in despite the holiday craziness!  I managed a nice 20 miler on Christmas Eve.

If you are a new reader or if you've never looked at these, I just updated my Biography and Favorite Posts pages (tabs right under my blog title).  I admit that I love finding these "shortcuts" when I find a new blog to read.  It helps me to read a little about the person and about what they think are their best posts before I read anything else.  So in case you want to do the same thing, happy reading! 


New shoes!

4 comments:

  1. Your new running shoes are so cool!! I hope you guys had a Merry Christmas!

    I've managed to get a few runs in, but not as many as I'd like to. We are actually in Knoxville visiting Greg's family, and I ran through some of the neighborhoods near his mom's condo....OH.MY.GOSH! The hills up here are killers! I am thankful that we live in a relatively flat area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That is crazy that you found out about both gifts before you got them! But HOW AWESOME!!! I want to hear about your Kindle Fire too. Congrats on a 20 miler Christmas Eve! I hope we can get in a run together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new shoes are so cute Katie! I'm sure they will see lots of miles in 2012. Enjoy your new Kindle too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those new shoes!!! :D

    My Christmas gift from my husband was entry into IM70.3 NOLA (and the extra money it will take to do the race)--and I was THRILLED!!

    ReplyDelete