Saturday, May 28, 2011

Details for Cotton Row Morning

Cotton Row is Monday morning.  For me, it is always a little tricky planning the whole morning out, with all three races and (now) four of us running in our family.  Fleet Feet Racing Team is doing a group picture at 6:10 a.m. that morning.  Rick works earlier than that at the start line, so he will already be there.  I will have both children at home.  That means getting them up at 5:15 a.m. or so, getting them dressed in their running clothes, giving them some breakfast food for the car, and having them at the photo location at 6 a.m. (I'll give myself a five minute cushion that way).  Anyway, I think this part of the day is going to be even more stressful than running the 10K!  I know I can do it, but I hope they won't be too grouchy about the early morning!

On a related note, my last few training runs haven't exactly gone as planned.  Wednesday, my group set out to do a last-ditch speedwork attempt (last-ditch for me, anyway).  It was going to be a one mile warm-up, four miles at race pace, and five more miles of slower cool down.  I even had the Garmin on, fully charged and ready to go.  Well, somehow it died on me and I managed to take a wrong turn, all within the first three miles.  I tried going all speedy, but it was hard without the Garmin to hold me accountable (it was saying 7:20 something for the third mile anyway, and I was feeling sooooo out of shape!  I was aiming for sub 7's).  I ended up meeting up with the rest of the group and giving up on the speedwork about a mile too early.  I just lost the motivation without the Garmin.  Rick said it's worked fine the rest of the week too, so who knows why it died just for me?  Then I was just going to take it easy the next day and do thirty minutes on the elliptical, but the power went out.  So I ended up pushing the double jogger for three miles or so.  Today was supposed to be my last chance to run the CRR course, but Rick recommended that we taper pretty heavily and only do two or three miles today instead.  So, ready or not, Cotton Row, here we come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment