Monday, December 3, 2012

Kinnucan's Shorts

This is a short post, but it's one I didn't want to just leave in the Draft section of my blog like so many others.  Sigh.  There's just not enough time in the day.  

But anyway, I wanted to post about the pair of shorts you see below.  Back when I was an undergrad at Auburn, I got these shorts in a race packet--for free.  This was probably 15 years ago (now I feel old!).  The shorts were from Kinnucan's, a local sporting goods store in Auburn.  I remember liking to "window shop" in Kinnucan's but rarely buying anything.  So I loved these shorts. 

I wore them all the time to run in (yes, they were cotton, but I didn't know any better).  After I graduated, they eventually became pajama bottoms in the summer and then, strangely, maternity pants.  As you can imagine, the waistband got stretched out beyond belief and the elastic quit being elastic.  I knew it was time to throw them out, but I just couldn't.  So I did what Rick does when he decides to throw something sentimental away---I took a picture of them and them tossed them away.  And then I shared their story with you all.





1 comment: